These are, without a doubt, the best healthful muffins I have ever tasted.
Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
Makes 12 muffins.
Preheat oven to 400ºF
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup skim (non-fat) milk
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen or fresh
- Line a muffin tin with paper cups or spray it with cooking spray.
- Combine oats, flours, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat egg white, then add applesauce, milk, brown sugar, and oil. Mix.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients; mix just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Gently stir blueberries into batter.
- Fill muffin cups until nearly full.
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
Mix together until crumbly; sprinkle over unbaked muffin batter.
Bake for 20-22 minutes until a rich golden brown.
Om nom nom.